Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”—Luke 5:31-32
“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”
While God want’s us to love thy neighbor, our family, and our friends lets not forget what is the most important loving God. God comes before everything. It’s not wrong to love others, but to love anything before God is. Its idolatry, and guess what it’s not just your family either. Many people are avid sports fans, how many times have you been itching to see the game. How many times have you watched the game before doing devotions. It’s not just sports either, it could be work, politics, and really any facet of your life. Anything you put before God is idolatry. Its hard in the daily grind to put God into your life, but guess what He blessed you with this day. At the end of the day I believe all of us could do more to serve our Lord. It may come natural, but to be unaware of this is inexcusable. While me may be guilty of it, we can ask for forgiveness. We can cleanse ourselves, and humble ourselves before our God. No matter what we love we must love our God above all else.
“Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.”
Today we celebrate Memorial Day, we remember the lives of the fallen and on the lesser honor those who are still fighting for the cause. I say on the lesser because this day is truly in honor of those who have fallen, but every service member puts their life on the line so please thank those who make this sacrifice. At the end of the day American’s love this country and some lay their lives on the line. What a wonderful country we live in where its a choice to serve making many of these people’s sacrifice even greater. Only about 1% of American’s answer that call. It’s truly a pleasure to serve along side my brothers and sisters who serve this nation. I love being in the Navy, and look to continue my service. While sometimes we joke with each other, we know there is something greater at stake and its those people back home. We all have something to serve for. We leave home every couple years and take time from our families. Its tough, it messes with your emotion, and it really takes a balance of mind, body, and soul to endure.
I proudly serve this nation because I believe in the values of this nation as a whole, we are truly the land of the free. We have a place for our God in this nation, and we need to keep it that way. We continue to progress as a nation, and people sometimes chose to see the negatives, but I know everyday I serve a GREAT nation.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, service members don’t have that problem.”
Death unfortunately is a part of our service, but to those who made the ultimate sacrifice we salute you today, and everyday because without you we would not be this great nation. We would not be the land of the free.
It’s actually a bit sad to know that many people know what this holiday is about, but simply put it honors our fallen soldiers, sailors, marines, and airman. Those who have laid down their lives for their nation. They laid down their lives for their families, friends, and brothers and sisters alongside them.
Happy Memorial Day, Rest in Peace, and Hooyah, we salute you, you great America WARRIOR!
I am happy to announce we have now reached our 50th post. This blog started much like the mustard seed. As many of you know the parable, its the smallest seed, but it can grow into something incredible. I had to go on a hiatus because of deployment, but support has been phenomenal since I have gotten back. We started with no followers, the first few post only had 4 looks. We now have blossomed into a blog with 50 post, 118 views, 55 visitors, and 40 likes! Were on out way and making a difference. I thank you for all your support and ask you continue to spread the word about us.
God Bless You All,
I watch a lot of TV, and it’s not really uncommon now a days for people to do this. Who knew we were so plugged in. I flip through the channels and I occasionally like to watch church programming on TV, and by church programing I am talking about Creflo Dollar and other televangelist. There are many who mean well, but others know so much. I am not a huge fan of theirs, but our faith is not measured by the people you can attract to a building. I want to look more so to see where their values are lying. They have such a burden on their shoulders and they entrusted with millions of people’s faith, but one has to wonder are they giving the gospel justice? I mean they are wealthy preachers standing on the pulpit in lavishing suits, fancy rings, and flying in private jets, none of which Jesus owned. However, I don’t want to make this post about this matter, I want to get to the root of the problem here, is their message wholesome? Are they giving the gospel justice or are they simply becoming Cristo-Capitalist?
Before we go too far into this, this is not a post that here to call our televangelist, nor am I telling you to not follow some of them, but I do ask you to think about it before doing so, but you should do this when listening to anyone talking about our God. When you stand on the pulpit and speak about God you can simply chose not to preach about one thing because it’s more appealing. Jesus is not a take some and leave the rest. Ministry is not about making friends its about making Christians, and believers. Ministry is not about money, it’s about providing endless values. Now I know many of you are thinking in the back of your mind, and I hope you are thinking this, pastors are just normal people. They indeed are normal people with an extraordinary calling. However, many of these televangelist settle for an ordinary watered down version of Christianity. Wherever their heart may lie, I am not here to judge, but I am looking simply at the message they send to their congregation.
Book after book fly on the shelf, and they are feel good books by these men, Christianity should be feel good, but when I read many of theses televangelist books I don’t get a sense of fear of God that we need. I will hand it to Billy Graham, who does this. Billy Graham is the great evangelist for a reason, because he was pure to the gospel. Every story can not be felt good, and have a good ending. If you think life is going to be all sunshines and daisy’s you’re in for a world of hurt. There is a heaven and there is a hell, God deeply wants you in heaven, not the other way. There are bad things in this world, and if you think God is going to give you everything under the sun your deeply confused. We need to preach about them.
“His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”
-2 Peter 1:3
Peter speaks about this, God gives us what we need. God gives us life for a knowledge of Him. So if you’re praying for that new Lexus, you might want to simply set the bar lower, and pray for a vehicle that simply works and can get you you work. God will not give us everything because we do not need everything. I hear about explosive blessings and other wonderful word, but I am not in church for a motivational speech. While some of these televangelist message’s have value, understand their view is not always the best.
There are televangelists in it for all the wrong reasons, and even if their message is not saying I love money, their actions do. One of the biggest frauds in my opinion is Creflo Dollar, are his sermons moving? They can be, but the words coming from his mouth, and his actions tell two different stories. Sometimes, his words tell on him. In 2015, Creflo Dollar started a fundraiser to provide himself a private jet. A private jet folks, no one need a private jet, Jesus walked everywhere. Jesus would not require a private jet today. Mr. Dollar is a riot to me because his name is not even Creflo Dollar, he was born Michael Smith. I mean, come on!
It’s time for people to wake up and stop being stupid! Excuse me for being so blunt, but some of these bozo’s own million dollar homes, there is nothing biblical about this. If they are making so much money, why not build homeless shelters. Is it going to kill you to live in a $200,000 home? I’ve seen some pretty nice $200,000 homes. “Ministers” such as Creflo Dollar drive Rolls Royce cars, this message he sends to his congregation is one of idolatry. Mr. Dollar if you love God you would take that $65 million your asking for and build a homeless shelter, more outreach ministries, simply donate that money to a worthy cause. Find ways to feed starving children, it does not matter, but if you are in the Gospel then money does not matter.
“Again, I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
Many of these people do not go to seminary and they are ordained on their own authority or human authority. They are never challenged and are out there putting their own twist on the Gospel. I am currently saying this from a lay opinion, in the process of becoming ordained. However, every pastor needs to go to seminary because it separates the misconceptions. It challenges them, and it makes them better. It forces them to thirst for the Gospel.
These men and women bring millions of people to their church, but we are the church. The church is not a building it’s a group of people to honor the word of God. WE ARE THE CHURCH, so we go out and are a direct representation of our gathering location. Church is not just a Sunday thing, it’s a 24/7 thing.
“Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.”
-1 Corinthians 12:27
I don’t want this to be a giant bash session, but I do want you to thoroughly review the source you’re getting your preaching from. Do they line up with the Gospel or do they make you feel good? If they simply make you feel good, and do not accurately represent the Gospel they make it’s time to change your congregation. Christianity is not about what God gives you, it’s about a relationship, and what you can give God. God does not need us, but we will always need him.
Now listen folks there is nothing wrong with televangelist, but when people like Mr. Dollar make claims like he had in the past it make believers skeptical. Now, on that note there are some good ones out there. I had mentioned Billy Graham. Joel Osteen does not take salary from Lakewood which believe it or not is huge, and there are plenty who have a sincere meaning. However, we as Christians need to be on the look out for those corrupting the church.
I’m quite bored, but some of the things on my mind I felt were worth sharing today, I’m probably going to post a couple more of these I like the concept of the short thought post.
- We are getting closer to election season and things are really heating up. One of the things which are sparking up is partisan hatred, Jesus was neither Democrat nor Republican, so stop voting for a party because they represent what you think Jesus would do. Vote for the man or woman who best represents God. Here in my home state I’m flipping sides for a couple votes because the democratic candidate does not fulfill the values of its party, nor does it come close to filling the values of God. Keep in mind you need to do your own research so you do not become a victim of bias based media propaganda. The news networks are focused on ratings, not always the truth.
- I think we should all be standing up against greed and corruption, but it’s just a single matter issue. I am all for you supporting this cause, but do it right. I am a supporter of this too, but it does not just end with sticking the nation’s 1% with higher taxes. It’s controlling the greed in your home, and your community. We cannot continue to stand for greed in the church either, many of these bozo preachers who have private jets, big following’s, and millions of dollars in net worth is promoting corruption, not by their words, but their actions. They receive millions of dollars a year, but how much does that go to advancing the gospel? I’m not saying their message is wrong, but what would Jesus say to this person?
- Today we see many issues which should be non-issues, well, become issues. For example to give Elsa a girlfriend, and I know many of you who have been reading my blog know my stance on the LGBT debate. I firmly believe whether or not you as a Christian believe their cause is right, we need to support these individuals, we still need to pray for them, and we still need to love them, bottom line. Back to the point on this though, there is a strong push for one side to make Elsa a lesbian, what? Off the bat I thought this was the most ridiculous thing in the world. Again, not that I am not in favor of LGBT people getting their rights, but this is now flipping the script. If you see your cause as so meaningless that you need a Disney character to become an LGBT advocate then we have issues. You’re wasting your time on this minuet issue. Frozen becoming the LGBT advocacy kids film is not going to change the major issues. It’s not Disney’s job to be an advocate, nor to teach children about sexuality. On the flip side I think it’s wrong to force Disney to promote the “traditional” family. However, in the grand scheme of thing who really cares? Elsa is a fictional character, she is irrelevant? I’ll get to this my other issue with this is you are making Elsa something she’s not. She’s a strong independent woman, how many times is there an empowering and independent princess? If we let Manny be Manny, why not let Elsa be Elsa???
- Continuing on the trend of human trafficking, we have idiot politicians who are trying to pass measurement legislation for strippers, but they don’t have the slightest care for trafficking victims, the poor and needy, homeless, or other worthy causes. Let’s get the bozo’s out of office we don’t need people like this.
- I think we as Christians need to stop being so sensitive. There is such thing as reality and sometimes we need to deal with it. If we get upset of every darn issue under the moon it gets redundant and we lose the value in our voice. So what if a comedian says something offensive about Christianity, guess what, you were probably laughing when he said it about all of those other belief systems, and if they didn’t say anything wait a couple weeks and they will.
These are 5 things on my mind, feel free to disagree, if you do feel free to comment!
“Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.”
I have said it before and will say it again and again! One of the things that grind my gears is human trafficking and it needs to end. I will continue to run these articles until the day there is not another man, woman, or child who is trafficked.n This is one of the lowest crimes on this planet, and it makes my blood boil when nations want to legalize many aspect of or do nothing about human trafficking. Human Trafficking according to the United Nations is an estimated $32 billion industry. This heinous industry brings in $32 billion dollars a year. This is disgusting, this is not an act of love and needs to stop.
According to Forbes the cumulative average of the 100 highest paid athletes in the world is $3.2 billion. The five highest charities in the world are the United Way, Salvation Army, Feeding America, Task Force for Global Heath, and St. Jude’s, these organizations are all worthy causes, they receive an estimated combined $10.8, more money goes into human trafficking than to the top 5 charities. In fact, three times more money goes into human trafficking than the top 5 charities. You can add in the top 10 and it still does not match this estimate.
When a human enters into human trafficking they are given a 7 year time like to be rescue due to homicide, AIDS, drugging, and torture. Often these people are neglected and not fed. 27 million adults are beings trafficked, with an additional 13 million children, around 30 million people are slaves.
An estimated 30,000 victims of sex trafficking die each year from abuse, disease, torture, and neglect. Eighty percent of those sold into sexual slavery are under 24, and some are as young as six years old.
Enough is enough, lets end this, lets Win the Battle!
To find ways to help check out the following post: